New York StartUP! 2016 Business Plan Competition
Win up to $15,000 to start your business!
The New York Public Library in conjunction with its sponsor, Citi Foundation, is proud to announce the 7th Annual New York StartUP! Business Plan Competition for New York-based startup entrepreneurs with cash prizes totaling over $30,000.
Entrants gain practical insights about starting and growing a business, while using the comprehensive small business resources at NYPL’s Science, Industry and Business Library (SIBL).
- You must live in Manhattan, The Bronx, or Staten Island
- Your business must be in Manhattan, The Bronx, or Staten Island
- All businesses must have ideas or business models in the start-up phase and have earned less than $10,000
For more details see our Rules and Eligibility page.
- Attend one (1) Orientation Session - view the schedule. Register for an orientation.
- Attend 3 out of 4 technical workshops scheduled January 2016 – April 2016 - View the schedule.
- Meet regularly with a business advisor throughout the Competition - View the list of business advisors.
- Upload your business plan to the NY Start UP! Competition Fluid Review room site no later than midnight, June 7, 2016
- Create an account on the NY StartUP! 2016 site on FluidReview.
- Submit an entry form on the NY StartUP! 2016 site on FluidReview by midnight, January 12, 2016
- Upload your plan in PDF format to the NY StartUP! Fluid Review site no later than June 7, 2016 at midnight.
- 1st Place Award: $15,000
- 2nd Place Award: $7,500
- 3rd Place Award: $5,000
- 4th Place Award: $1,500
- 5th Place Award: $1,500